The main question on peoples lips? How do I get to January unscathed?
Well, here's a few tips
1. Have a big glass of water or soda water before you go to a function and have a glass of water between each drink- (remember a drink is equivalent in kilojoules or calories to a piece of bread). Better still give yourself the job of designated driver (you will feel better in the morning!)
2. If you have a few courses planned- choose entre and dessert or main and share a dessert
3. When in doubt - cut half out (you don't have to finish everything no matter how good it tastes)
4. Take a healthy platter of food with you when invited somewhere- healthy doesn't have to be boring.
5. Christmas day is there to be enjoyed - it's not the 'last supper'!
6. Try to move more. Take a swim in the ocean on Boxing day (or go skiing for my Northern Hemisphere bloggers), a bike ride on New Years day and simply a twilight walk whilst on holidays.
Enjoy the week leading up to Christmas